Follow @alexsaucetice

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The End (You're Welcome)

Day ten:
We got to Colorado and hung out with Kayla and her family friends Pam and Randy, who became known to us as the nicest people to live on this planet. Seriously. Too kind. We went to dinner at Mezcal which was delicious. Unfortunately for Kayla and I, we accidentally ordered the kid's meal chicken quesadillas so I shoveled all the free chips and salsa into my mouth as fast as I could. Afterwards, naturally I wasn't full, so we went to the Little Man Icecream Shop. UM DELICIOUS. Also, apparently homemade and they do scoop for scoop donations and for every scoop of icecream sold, they donate a scoop of rice, beans, and other essentials anywhere in the world that needs it. So yeah, we were saving the world by ordering 16 scoops each. Then we went to a place called Mile High Spirits. Not to be confused with the Mile High Club. Although this was a club. So that's confusing. It was a spacious bar where the bartenders were way more intoxicated than anyone actually trying to get drunk. It was fun watching them try to figure out how to make drinks. We didn't stick around long enough to see them succeed. Kayla, Elise, and I tried to float around and make friends a bit and were greeted by an overly friendly English lad. His name was Martin. He called himself Marteeeeeen. He tried to dance with each of us and walked away after a few unsuccessful minutes muttering to himself, "0 for 3." Later, because apparently we were all still hungry, we went for pizza slices. Little did I know, these pizza slices were bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island. It. Was. Awesome.

Day eleven:
Almost immediately after waking up we went back to the pizza place, which in the morning becomes a biscuit restaurant. Pam and Randy informed me that this place is actually 3 different businesses, I am still trying to work this out in my mind. The pizza was delicious so I was hopeful about the biscuits and was NOT disappointed. I was coerced into ordering a grape jelly and bacon biscuit. I was nervous about this choice to say the least but my stomach had never been happier... until later that day. When we went to Voodoo Donuts. I can't talk about food anymore because I'm sad I'm not near these amazing places so I'm sorry but ummmm.... oH we also went to a museum. It was sciencey-ish. They had a chocolate exhibit. Was very disappointed to see that it was nothing like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and more about reading and learning. Not to mention there were NO free samples. 0 stars. The rest of the museum was cool but we were soon on our way to Castle Rock, CO to go on a little hike and relax before preparing for our last day of the trip. We also hit up Taco Bell but that's not important.

Day twelve:
VALENTINE'S DAY. This was a big day for Elise and I. This was the last day of our trip. We were both at our boiling points. Not really, I don't think we have those. We got a coffee and were on our way home early. 14 hours in the car on February 14th. So cute. We drove and we drove and we drove and were chasing a snowstorm through the midwest until finally catching up to it in Iowa and then Illinois. Luckily it was right when Elise started driving. She did ok. I mean... we made it.

Things Elise says she learned from this roadtrip:

-Your car doesn't explode when you put a full tank of gas in when it's running
-You can't always trust Airbnb reviews
-The eastern part of Colorado smells like manure 
-9+ hour drives make you crazy (symptoms include pretending to be a boxer and pretending to be a monkey)
-You can survive off of munchies for 12 days straight
-Inanimate object can bring about emotional attachment when cute (pandie)
-Going on an great adventure is improved by the company you have and I wish I had some good company. Just kidding. I'm so happy I got to see the country with my best friend. *awwww* (Alexis edit: ELISE ACTUALLY WROTE THIS OMG!!!)

Things I learned (or remembered) from this roadtrip:
-Planning things is important
-I like to eat a lot
-Having coffee changes the world
-Snowboarding hurts
-People are nice
-People are mean
-I need to get out more
-Elise is a good(ish) friend, roadtripper, planner, etc. (she's actually really good at everything it's extremely annoying and I can write sappy things about her here because she doesn't actually read my blogs even though she partially contributes, isn't that rude?! Yes. It is.)

In lieu of photos in this post, I am embedding the video recap of our trip. It's ten minutes long so obviously watch it at work or in class. 



No comments:

Post a Comment