Follow @alexsaucetice

Monday, February 8, 2016

Daze 3,4,5.

Day Three:

In the morning we woke up, kinda. We were all partially awake as a result of the rat being an active little bugger at night. We meandered down the road to the Monterey Aquarium which a lot of people had pushed us to go to. I’m not sure if it's bias or what but we all thought the Shedd was much better. There were touch pools which sounds like a creepily perfect place for a pedophile but they were actually pretty cool. We got to pet stingrays but I wasn't fast enough and I accidentally scratched one of them which the signs specifically say not to do. My parents obviously did a lot wrong. I had stingray gunk under my nail for the rest of the day. Super hygienic and cool!!!!!!! I STILL FEEL BAD oK. Next we went to Santa Cruz which is a creepy little town with a seemingly abandoned amusement park and we only stopped there so Elise could work out (annnnnoying!!!!) I got pooped on by a bird and then we were off to Sunnyvale, Ca when my cousin Annie, and her husband, Evan, live. Annie made an amazzzzing chicken pot pie that Elise and I had fourths of. OOPS. Then we all walked over to Golfland to play old school arcade games and DDR to reminisce on the days when we were popular (never). 

I made a mistake.
Day Four:

The next morning Elise and I were off to see Megan and Mike Kennedy with whom we had grown up and who were now living in Palo Alto. Shortly after, we got on a train to downtown San Fran to see superbowl stuff (the puppy bowl mainly!) we were crammed into a train and I had a bonding experience with a grandmother that I never got to have when I was little so that was nice (it was terrible). We barely made it to SF and Carsten, Annie, and Evan just so happened to be on the same train as us. We couldn't escape Carsten all day. The puppy bowl was hard to see because I was not born with a tall gene. I'm sure the pups were very cute. I like San Fran I found it to be the Chicago of California. However because of the free events going on, there were so many people it was like one uncomfortable conga line that I would never wish upon my worst enemy. The train ride home was basically a game trying to avoid getting thrown up on by strangers. Thankfully, we all won. 





Day Five: 

When we woke up we downed a couple monsters and drove off to Golden Gate Park to play some soccer with Mike and his friends. Elise was a sub. I was a full-time benchwarming sunburn-getter. It was cool. Then we drove off to Yosemite, which contained scary mountainous roads and we were unsure of if we needed chains or not. We went with no and lucked out. Elise told me she was terrified the whole time because I was driving. She’s so nice. WE WERE FINE. Yosemite was so cool! It was weird being there because I only recently learned that it’s pronounced yo-sem-ity and not yoze-might. YIKES. We waddled around for a bit and took in the sights and then realized we had to leave to get to our Airbnb on time. 




















Our hosts were Fred and Doris. We pulled up to our Airbnb on a deadend street in the middle of nowhere and drive up towards our host who was waving at us with his arm in a sling. Upon arrival, he forced us to sit at his outdoor bar with him (provided beers nicely enough) and chatted us up for about an hour. It was around 8pm and 40 degrees and Elise and I were wearing shorts. He was sipping on some fireball and smoking cigs while telling us all about his life. He apparently has been an attorney, CBS documentarian, pilot, backwoods horseman, lion and otter owner (former), volunteer sheriff's deputy (Dwight Schrute), ranch owner, body recovery team member for climbers and hikers (and is emotionally unmoved by this), mentioned that he hates his grandchildren, he is a natural alarm clock (in the morning he just screamed at us from outside). That night he informed us, “you don’t need locks, we have dogs!” all locks were removed from all doors and there were no dogs seen. He allegedly owns hundreds of animals and we saw zero (real ones). He also told us that he is usually booked and has up to 18 guests a night. We were the only two. He gave us a tour of a house riddled with memorabilia that I couldn't help but find super creepy. Elise and I spent the rest of the night taking shifts sleeping and keeping all of the lights on to make sure that if we were murdered, at least we could see. We also never met or saw Doris. Dun DUN dunnnnn. We included a video of the creepiness. 


actual animal house airbnb #2 from Alexis on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, take Fred at his word. Don't be so pessimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its time for you 2 to get home to Palatine. This is just weird.

    ReplyDelete