Follow @alexsaucetice

Friday, February 12, 2016

Are We There Yet?

Day six:
We mainly spent this day recovering from Fred. (JUST KIDDING MRS. K!) We drove to Tahoe and just hung out like bums.

Day seven:
Since Elise and I are very experienced hikers snow and ice-covered trails were no match for our gym shoes and shorts. We hiked as far as we could before our lungs were on the verge of exploding. ALTITUDE IS REAL. Also Elise and I started discussing bears and she stated that she saw some prints. She called me over and, upon examination, I'm pretty sure they were made by the feet of a tiny dog. Good call, Elise. Nevertheless, we decided we would much rather see a bear as we were driving away from it. That was the end of the hike. I then went to work out and Elise stayed at the hotel and ate snacks. My memory might be a little mixed up but that sounds right to me... We also tried to go out and bar hop but we went to one restaurant had one beer and called it quits. We are elderly. Whilst walking back across the street to our hotel, we were approached by two creeps who wanted hugs. We both yelled, "WE'RE NOT HUGGERS!" Crisis averted.

Day eight:
This was the longest driving day of the trip. I wrote the blog while Elise slept in the passenger seat. Ugh. Annoying!!! Totally kidding, but we finally made it into another state! We left California and cruised through a boring Nevada and into a foggy Utah. During this time we became amazing choreographers and dancers so be sure to check out the video.

we can't dance in general (click!)

Day nine:
Skiing and snowboarding day! We both hadn't gone in about five years and I was never very good to begin with so that was a bit nerve wracking. We both somehow avoided death and serious injury, although I'm nearly positive I cracked my sternum. Elise allegedly didn't fall at all but I was on the ground too much to verify this information. We stayed in Park City with TR, a good friend of Elise's dad. He was a great host and showed us all around the slopes. He also told us which bars to hit up on Main Street which we went to in celebration of survival. We, for some unknown reason, did not listen to his bar suggestions and ended up at some weird cowboy place. Sparks flew between us and some firemen before we were off to the next bar, an equally strange Irish place. Naturally we made a few more friends before running to catch the bus back to TR's.

Day ten:
I woke up unable to move and Elise is fine. We're currently en route to Castle Rock, CO to see our good friend Kayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment