Follow @alexsaucetice

Saturday, January 5, 2013

VROOM VROOM BEECHES


Writing is something that I’ve never particularly liked to do. Ironic that I now have a blog where it is kind of mandatory to write. I think I like this kind of writing because it’s on my own terms. No word limit, no topic, and no due date. I can write to you like I am right now, or never again, there is no clock chained against my blog.

So many things today have a time limit on them. Allegedly it’s bad to eat Cheetos that are 2 years old. A few years back I ate those expired cheese puffs from my friend Elise’s pantry and I’M STILL ALIVE, PEOPLE.  Now I’m not saying eating expired foods is always a good idea because expired yogurt is nasty. Yes, I am speaking from experience again. That was not a strawberry chunk… that was mold. HOWEVER I AM STILL BREATHING YET AGAIN. Anyways that’s beside the point.

Deadlines in life are there for different reasons. To scare the crap out of you if it’s a big project, to make you bums actually do something productive with your life, and to just get things done in a timely manner. Deadlines are awful.  In some cases they are completely necessary such as for schoolwork because of the limited amount of days. But for other things they can seem so final and so abrupt.

They try to tell me that since this time has passed I can’t do something anymore. They create ridiculous expectations that shouldn’t be there such as “I should be married by 23 and have a family by 25.” DUMB. I mean, if that was completely your idea then fine, but if you just feel that you need to do this and achieve this by this time because society told you to, I feel bad for you. I see that as a sad conformity.  (This video is me as a young child showing that you have more fun dancing on your own schedule during a recital... at least until you get yelled at.)

We live on our own timetables. We’re not born at the same time; we mature at different speeds, and learn various things. Why should we listen to the same deadlines if in every other aspect of timing in our lives we aren’t at the same stage? Mario won’t jump to lap two of Mario Kart just because Yoshi got there. Clocks try to tie us down and in many ways we let them. However if we refuse to meet deadlines society sets for us, (except for those in school and work ya lazies), we will be able to live more freely and happily. 

Time is a gift. It does run out for each individual eventually and we need to quit shaking the hourglass. 

1 comment: